Thursday, August 28, 2008

Charred Corn Guacamole with Corn Chips

My collection of recipes with southwest flavors just grows and grows. I've been anxious to try this one for a couple of weeks but haven't had the occasion until a couple of days ago. It was a hit even with the non-guacamole eaters so you know that made me happy!
Charred Corn Guacamole with Corn Chips is a Bobby Flay recipe, one of my many fabulous finds on Food Network. The instructions for actually grilling the corn is included but I'd like to add a side note:
Tuesday, when I was preparing the side dishes for dinner the remnants of Hurricane Fay brought much needed rain to drought stricken Georgia! Very happy to have the rain but the grilling was impossible. Plan B....I used my Calphalon Griddle to char the corn & start the cooking, brushed the ears with oil before putting onto the hot griddle. I felt they were not as done as I wanted but not to worry. Onto a plate, 3 minutes in the microwave, covering to steam after cooking, leaving until cool enough to handle & cut from the cob. I'm sure that the grilling would've added even more but as it was, we certainly did enjoy and will definitely make again!

4 comments:

sara hanks giessen said...

it was so good! and pretty too- we'll have to get some shots of it when we have it again sunday.

sara hanks giessen said...

sorry we ate it all before you got pictures sunday. :) it's too good!

Anonymous said...

I guess you guys will just have to come over again for dinner for another photo op!!!

Karen said...

Sounds delish! Will give it a try. Also, went to your daughter's wedding site... so pretty! My daughter was married in 2004... still one of my favorite days of all time. Congrats!