Thursday, October 15, 2009

Orchid Happiness

A couple of years ago I asked for an orchid rather than cut flowers for Mother's Day. After the blooms faded the plant stayed healthy but didn't bloom again until I repotted it with new orchid soil from MiracleGro. Since then I have divided and will divide again after this bloom event.
There are three branches of blooms, one large branch with now nine open flowers, the smaller ones with just a couple but I'm not complaining!

This is one of those plants that I thought I'd never be able to grow as I consider myself mainly an outside gardener.
This is just a bit of sunshine and happiness on an otherwise dreary day. Think about asking for this or GIVING this next time a flower giving occasion rolls around!






1 comment:

Jibran Ahmed Khan said...

Very nice website. i like it. It is too good because you shared very great recepies.
Here are also some receipes of Asia's famouse dishes those are spicy and famouse in every cermoney.
Make for your family & Have Fun

Make Biryani Yourself <=> Make Asian's Food