Thursday, October 15, 2009

Orchid Happiness

A couple of years ago I asked for an orchid rather than cut flowers for Mother's Day. After the blooms faded the plant stayed healthy but didn't bloom again until I repotted it with new orchid soil from MiracleGro. Since then I have divided and will divide again after this bloom event.
There are three branches of blooms, one large branch with now nine open flowers, the smaller ones with just a couple but I'm not complaining!

This is one of those plants that I thought I'd never be able to grow as I consider myself mainly an outside gardener.
This is just a bit of sunshine and happiness on an otherwise dreary day. Think about asking for this or GIVING this next time a flower giving occasion rolls around!






1 comment:

Clipping Path said...

Wow! amazing photography! Wonderful style Blogs, Such an excellent list. Thanks for sharing of these blogs all are terribly helpful to each one.